Whether you're a busy working parent, professional, or weekend warrior-athlete, it is likely you have experienced low back pain. Pain radiating through the low back is considered common, with a range of treatable causes. So, if you have experienced low back pain and live in or around Decatur IL, Dr. Suzanne Davis and her team of chiropractic professionals can help to identify and treat the cause of the pain throughout your lower back.
Low Back Pain – Common Symptoms
Although they vary by patient and condition, the more common lower back pain symptoms include –
- A localized dull ache may radiate down either leg.
- Reduced range of motion across the lower portion of the back.
- Tightness/stiffness in the area’s muscles.
- Pain that intensifies when moving, standing, or even sitting in one position for too long.
- Tingling sensations, weakness, or numbness in either one or both legs and feet.
- Finding it challenging to lift or carry objects.
- Difficulty when trying to do simple life activities like getting out/into bed or getting dressed.
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Low Back Pain
Fortunately, there are a number of effective and noninvasive chiropractic techniques and options to help alleviate acute pain and help prevent a future low back pain flare-up.
- Electric Stimulation Therapies – which may include –
- Interferential Current Therapy
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Microcurrent Therapy
- Rehabilitative Exercises
And Dr. Davis is also a certified acupuncturist, which she integrates into her professional chiropractic services.
Lifestyle Adjustments to Ease Lower Back Pain
It should come as no surprise that the natural aging process results in wear and tear on your spine. However, there are certain lifestyle choices that offer a chance to reduce potential lower back pain -
- Fact – Food is Medicine, and You are What You Eat. Studies continue to verify that the body’s response to inflammation is one of the fundamental root causes of various medical problems and disorders - from pain to autoimmune diseases.
- Manage stress. Cortisol is the stress hormone that causes muscles to tighten and become painful.
- Get sufficient sleep and rest.
- STAY ACTIVE – keep moving to keep your joints flexible, your muscles strong, and your balance in check.
Contact the Leading Decatur Chiropractor to Relieve Low Back Pain
You don't have to give up your active lifestyle because you experience lower back pain. Contact Davis Chiropractic in Decatur IL, for a consultation or appointment. We can be reached online or by telephone at 217-877-2704. Davis Chiropractic looks forward to customizing a treatment plan to help relieve or eliminate your low back pain.